In Spain, there is a cheesecake called pastel turco, or Turkish cake. Definition originally belonged to gordon ramsey. The reason why it is called Turkish cake is because it is made with yogurt. The interesting thing is that it is made with Greek yogurt and the Turks are not aware of such a cake.
The German cake is similar to that Turkish cake. The Germans do not know about such a cake. I have searched many times on the internet, talked to many people living in Germany, there is no such cake in Germany. However, it is a bit like bienenstiche, but it is not really relevant, especially considering this portion version of us. Although the portion version resembles a bit of Berliner visually, they are two completely different recipes in essence. My guess is that the German cake is a dessert created by a Turkish returning from Germany to Turkey, inspired by a dessert he saw or ate in Germany (it could be a Berliner) or by trying to create the same.
Many people have memories of “oh how good we ate German cake in our childhood”, I don’t have it. There was no such thing as a German cake in my childhood. Maybe the German cake didn’t reach the patisseries of Kırklareli, and maybe it didn’t get on my radar somehow. I tasted the German cake much later. If I had tasted it in my childhood, I have no doubt that I would love it more. This is probably why your recipe arrived so late.
It is a soft sweet leavened bread. As a cream, instead of exploring America again, I used my pastry cream recipe directly. they made a wonderful couple. I made it with banana, but if you want, you can also make it with pistachio using ground pistachios. You can even make half of it with banana and half with pistachios.
We are together with another recipe that we pulled out of that secret notebook of our mothers. German Cake is indispensable in our old pastry shops, we can even say that it is the most popular cake. With this recipe, we take you back to the old days and aim to leave you alone with the beauty of that beautiful German cake we ate in the past. Whether it’s a German Strawberry Cake or a Banana German Cake, I’ll leave you alone with that enormous flavor that you can prepare in a very short time. The German cake, which you can prepare practically, easily and quickly, will be indispensable for you. Neither you nor your children will be able to give up this magnificent taste that dates back to the past. If you are looking for something healthy and fun for your children, you are at the right place. Instead of those German cakes that you do not know what you buy from patisseries, we convey this recipe to you, which came out of your hands and is as beautiful as a patisserie German cake.
How to make a German cake? We will make your job easier by explaining the question very briefly and clearly. Without wasting much time, let’s go to the kitchen then.
Portion: 9 Pieces
German Cake Ingredients
- 2 eggs,
- 1 glass of warm milk,
- 1/2 glass of oil,
- 1/2 glass of sugar ,
- 1 pack of instant yeast,
- 4,5-5 glasses of flour.
For German Cake Cream;
- 2.5 cups of milk,
- 3 egg yolks,
- 2 tablespoons of flour,
- 2 tablespoons of starch,
- 1/2 cup of sugar,
- 2 tablespoons of cream,
- Vanilla with the tip of the knife.
For the Inside and Top of the German Cake;
- 2 bananas,
- Powdered sugar.
Preparation of German Cake
- For the dough, whisk the milk, sugar and yeast in a deep bowl,
- Add the eggs and oil and beat them,
- Add the flour little by little to get a soft dough that does not stick to the hand. Knead until smooth,
- Cover it and let it rest for 45 minutes-1 hour (until the dough doubles in size),
- For the cream, take 2 glasses of milk, sugar and vanilla in a sauce pan and put it on the stove. Take it and heat it (remove from the heat before it boils),
- While in a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks, 1/2 cup milk, flour and starch until a smooth consistency,
- Add the egg yolk mixture little by little and whisk it quickly at the same time,
- Strain the mixture with a fine strainer and return it to the sauce pan,
- Cook it over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens,
- To prevent crusting, let it cool completely, stirring frequently,
- Knead the rising dough again and divide it into nine meringues and Roll them neatly and place them on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Cover them for 15-20 minutes. Let them rest,
- Spray them with water with a brush,
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 180 degrees until golden brown,
- Take them out of the oven and wait for them to cool completely,
- Peel and slice the bananas,
- Cut the bread in half and arrange a row of bananas on the bottom layer,
- Put the cream in a piping bag and squeeze over the bananas,
- Top layers cover and sprinkle powdered sugar on them.